Thursday, October 25, 2012

The Perfect Game - A Perfect Read on a Snowy Day

Here is my first review of a TFEiC author. 

The Perfect Game by J. Sterling

This is a little novel (190 pages) with a BIG emotional punch! I was impressed with the character development and the plotting and pacing. Cassie, a college student studying photography, just wants to get her degree and land a job doing what she loves. Jack, a college baseball player, is the epitome of the word "player". The two meet one night at a fraternity party and Jack is immediately intrigued. Cassie thinks she'd do well to avoid him, and his dimples, and his adoring fangirls. If only she could. Jack has set his sights on her like a heat seeking missile. =) She eventually agrees to a date. And that changes everything.

Cassie and Jack both have some "heavy" baggage coming into this relationship. They both have MAJOR trust issues. However, they are able to work through them and it makes their relationship strong enough to withstand a lot. I will say that there were times I was yelling, literally yelling, at Jack when he was being an idiot. But although he screwed up immensely, Cassie did some things that I wanted to shake her silly over. But in the end, these two get their HEA. 

I also want to mention the very strong supporting cast. I'd love to see Dean and Melissa get their own book(s). 

Oh, the ending...goodness. I loved it. It was so romantic. =) I will definitely be reading more of J. Sterling!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??