Friday, February 22, 2013

Jerk of My Dreams #1



The Jerk of My Dreams is a weekly meme hosted by Taryn at My Secret Romance. It's a meme I've been meaning to participate in as there are so many jerks in the books I'm reading lately...anywho, I'm participating this week. In conjunction with my review of Beautiful Bastard, here are a few of my favorite quotes from the book.  Enjoy!

"Just tell me." He leaned forward, sucked my earlobe between his lips and then gave it a sharp bite. "I promise I'll give it to you."

"Nine months. Nine f*cking months of morning wood, jacking off, and endless fantasies about someone I didn't even want. Well, that wasn't entirely true. I wanted her. I wanted her more that any woman I'd ever seen. The big problem was I also hated her. And she hated me too. I mean, she really hated me. In all my thirty-one years, I had never met someone who pushed my buttons like Miss Mills."

"I knew I had to get out of here soon, before something happened. For some sick reason, fighting with this woman always ended with her panties in my pocket."

"When he looked up, the smirk on his face let me know I had been caught ogling him. 'See something you like?' he asked."

"You know," he began with a dark stare, taking a single step toward me, "I didn't hear you complaining."

"Yes, it's absolutely amazing having Miss Mills under me. She always gets the job done."

"Besides missing her body, which I did desperately, I also missed the fire between us. She knew I was a bastard, and she put up with it. I had no idea why, but she did..."

"Let's call a truce for one night," I said, pressing three small kisses on her lips, one on each side and a lingering one in the middle, in the heart of her mouth. "Give me all of you for one night, no holding back. Please, Chloe, I'll leave you alone after that but I haven't seen you in almost two weeks and...I just need tonight."

"Tell me what you want." My voice was rough with need. "Tell me the things you want me to do to you." "I don't know," she whispered into my mouth. "I just want to see you come apart."I wanted to tell her that she was witnessing it now, and in all honesty she'd been watching it happen for weeks..."

"...I suddenly had no idea what I was doing waiting for her like an anxious spouse. I only knew I couldn't be the one to decide we wouldn't work, because deep down, I wanted to figure it out."

"I was starting to see that this wasn't just sex, and it wasn't just working something out of my system. Sex was just the fastest route to the deeper possession I needed. I was falling in love with her, and falling too fast and hard to easily find any footing."

"...I wanted to tell her, 'This, what we have, is the most amazing thing I have ever felt. Do you feel it too?'"

"Totally serious. I want to be the only guy who f*cks you against windows, and also the first person you see in the morning - from where you lie, having stolen my pillow. I'd also like to be the person who gets you lime Popsicles when you've had bad sushi..."

"This flirting is all well and good, but I mean it when I tell you, I can't have you leaving me again. It almost broke me."

*sigh*

And there you have it...Beautiful Bastard!

2 comments:

  1. Interesting meme. I'll have to dig up a jerk of my own...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There always seems to be so many! *sigh* And we love them all the same. :)

      Delete

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??