Tuesday, February 17, 2015

20 Things You Didn't Know About Me

I was tagged by Laura @Trips Down Imagination Road to tell y'all 20 things you don't know about me. Well, some of you may know a few of these things, but... 

***

1. HOW TALL ARE YOU?
5′ 1″, if I stretch. ;)

2. DO YOU HAVE A HIDDEN TALENT? IF SO, WHAT?
Hmm, swallowing lint?!? Organizing a carpool? Okay, okay...those aren’t really hidden talents, huh? So, I am writing a book. My kids tell me this is talent. However, I think it remains to be seen whether or not I’m really talented at this writing thing.

3. WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST BLOG-RELATED PET PEEVE?
At the moment, it’s no-warning spoilers. If you tell me at the beginning of your review that there may be spoilers and I read it anyway, that’s on me. But to read a review with a huge spoiler that I didn’t know was going to be there….yeah, that stinks.

4. WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST NON-BLOG RELATED PET-PEEVE?
Not respecting my bubble. I really don’t like it when people invade my personal space - which I refer to as ‘the bubble’. I’m particularly annoyed when this happens at the checkout...I want to ask ‘Are you paying?’ because really, do they need to stand so close while I’m paying? They’re not going to get through the line any faster. Back it up, people.

5. WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE SONG?
This varies depending on my mood, honestly. Here are a few of my favorite bands/artists:
Foo Fighters
Death Cab for Cutie
Mumford & Sons
Brandi Carlile
U2
The Civil Wars
Muse

6. WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE ETSY SHOP?
I don’t frequent Etsy - actually, I’m never on there unless someone ‘sends’ me there. But if I were to be on there often, it would be somewhere that sells book (Pride & Prejudice, anyone?) related items.

7. WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE WAY TO SPEND YOUR FREE TIME WHEN YOU’RE ALONE?
Bwahahahahahaha! I recently did a post about what I do with my time. :) But what free time I do have is typically spent reading or in the blogosphere. I do also like to papercraft and knit as well...in my vast quantities of spare time. :)

8. WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE JUNK FOOD?
Tortilla chips...with guacamole, salsa, or queso. Eh, I’m from Texas. ;)

9. DO YOU HAVE PETS?
I have two cats...they’re sisters and have personalities very similar to my daughters. Skitter (grey) is most like Sky...soft-spoken, cautious. And Skat is most like Berk...not, um, soft-spoken. *haha*



10. WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE FICTION AND NON-FICTION BOOKS?
Gosh, there are too many to count in the fiction category...Pride & Prejudice will always hold the #1 spot for all-time. A few other favorites are East of Eden by John Steinbeck, One Thousand White Women by Jim Fergus, Twilight by Stephenie Meyer, Prey by Rachel Vincent, Clutch by JA Huss, Alias Grace by Margaret Atwood, and Surrender by Pamela Clare. Truly, this list could go on and on and on...
Non-fiction favorites include The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin, Infidel by Ayaan Hirsi Ali, John Adams by David McCullough, Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert, and Out of the Flames by Lawrence and Nancy Goldstone.

11. WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE BEAUTY PRODUCT?
I have highly-sensitive skin so I don’t really use any. Therefore, I’m going with my soap...Aveeno Ultra-Calming Foaming Face Wash .

12. WHEN WERE YOU LAST EMBARRASSED?
I embarrass easily, so it happens almost daily.

13. IF YOU COULD DRINK ONE BEVERAGE FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
Water. It’s the magical elixer of life! :) But if I don’t have to count the calories...coffee with cream.

14. WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE MOVIE?
Pride & Prejudice - A&E’s version with Colin Firth and Jennifer Ehle :)

15. WHAT WERE YOU IN HIGH SCHOOL? PROM QUEEN, NERD, CHEERLEADER, JOCK, VALEDICTORIAN, BAND GEEK, LONER, ARTIST, ETC?
Total nerd.

16. IF YOU COULD LIVE ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD, WHERE WOULD YOU LIVE?
Hmm, I really love my home here in Colorado. But I also think I’d enjoy living in Washington State (far northwest) or Britain.

17. PC OR MAC?
PC - I love my Chromebook!.

18. LAST ROMANTIC GESTURE FROM A CRUSH, DATE, BOYFRIEND/GIRLFRIEND?
My hubs got a fire all set for me this morning so all I had to do was light it and enjoy.

19. FAVORITE CELEB?
I don’t really have one but I enjoy looking at David Gandy and Clive Owen. :)

20. WHICH BLOGGER DO YOU SECRETLY WANT TO BE BEST FRIENDS WITH?
You'll think this is a total cop-out but it's not...I consider you all close friends...we’re on our way to besties, I promise!!



Now it's someone else's turn...and I'm tagging Jaclyn @JC's Book Haven and Robyn @Robgirlbooks!


18 comments:

  1. I really like this tag, it's fun to learn more random thigns about other bloggers. Your comment about the etsy shops reminds me that I have a book related bracelet I bought in a shop there once, it has a quote from the Fever series by Karen Marie Moning on it. You could shoose the quote and leather colour for the bracelet.
    People standing too close to me really rubs me wrong as well, why can't people not respect others personal space? And no warning spoilers are the worst indeed! Most blogs I frequently visit are those whom I know they don't include spoilers in their reviews or else mention it. That picture of your two cats is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah we have quite a bit in common ;) I won't spoil here since I'm tagged so you can see those things that we share on Friday. I really enjoy learning new things this way!! Pride & Prejudice is such a great book and movie. I remember watching the one with Kiera Knightley first and it actually made me read the book. I'm not into classics and it was the first one I truly loved. I just watched the Colin Firth one this year and it was amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great post! Are you that short... OMG I am about 5'6".... Imagine the difference if we get to meet one day!! lol
    Foo Fighters are in Aus right now, by Cousin is going to see them... so jealous!

    Prey... Rachel Vincent, LOVE HER!
    And I know we are BFF's!! lol


    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal
    Palace

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a great way to get to know you. I'm 5'4" so I'm somewhere in between you and Naomi. You're writing a book? That's awesome. I'm just finishing up my trilogy. Seeing your book published is an amazing experience and I can't wait to see what you come up with. Any hints? I'm not particularly fond of strangers invading my personal space either, so I totally get that. Songs? That depends largely on my mood and changes with my writing. I love your little kitties. They look so cute snuggled up in the blanket. One beverage? Yeah, coffee and cream would have to be on the top of that list.
    Love your answer for Q20 and totally agree with that one too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pride & Prejudice - A&E’s version with Colin Firth and Jennifer Ehle :)<-----YES. Also, I love your kittehs. Also, also, I have a bubble too. Also . . . *snickers* I could do this for a very long time, LOL. Great post, Brandee! I love learning new things about my blogger buddies ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all things Aveeno :) I have very dry skin in the winter and Aveeno and I are BFF :) Nachos with all the fixin's sounds delish but my tummy says no, stupid tummy lol

    We are very close in height! YAY! Little people :)
    Love your answers Brandee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the picture of your cats-I have two that aren't sisters, but were adopted the same day as half grown kittens so I call them sisters. And I love that Twilight is one of your favorites-mine too! I loved finding out more about you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you enjoyed learning a few random facts about me, Lola. I had fun doing this. I love the idea of a Fever bracelet...I'll have to search for that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad the Keira Knightly version of P&P spurred you to read the book. I saw that one as well but nothing and no one can beat Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL Yep, I'm that short...although I like to think of it as vertically challenged. ;) But it's not going to matter when we meet, BFF! We'll be too busy talking about book boyfriends and rock-n-roll boyfriends! *ha*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good - you won't make me feel too short! *ha* Yep, I'm working at a book...it's a contemporary. We shall see if I ever get to see it published. *haha* Thanks for sharing answers about yourself as well, Marilyn. I'm glad I'm not the only one who needs my personal space. And when we meet - someday - we'll have a cup of coffee! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm not surprised you love A&E's version of P&P, Jessica! Also *grins* <-- see what I did? I'm not really surprised we have a lot in common...same tastes in books, and all! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Isn't Aveeno the bomb?? I'm sorry your tummy is stupid - no fun. But I"m sure it allows you to enjoy other goody-goodness. :) And double yay for little people! *haha*

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks, Lorna. They are pretty precious. :) It's neat that you have sister-cats, made sisters in adoption and love. Oh and Twilight....I'm glad you love it. That series is responsible for my branching out in my reading tastes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you, Lark. I enjoy writing...now whether I'll ever publish it is another matter. ;) I giggled over your cats being vocally similar to mine! I'm glad you enjoyed getting to know me better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This was a great post. That's so awesome that you're writing a book. i write when I'm bored out of my mind in classes, shows how much I'm paying attention right? lol. I have recently been on a water kick as well but I love me some lemonade. I feel you about the personal space. I have that issue when I'm driving and someone is riding me when there is no one else on the road. All I can think is "are you planning on mounting me sometime today cause I don't roll that way, go around." Sad but true. I loved this post and it was nice getting to know more about you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm sure your book will be great Brandee! After all you know wht annoys you as a reader ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. So many of our answers on this are really similar! Though not the height thing - I'm about a foot taller than you lol! I use Aveeno too (not just the face wash but mosturizers and the BC cream in lieu of foundation). And you know we share that love of P&P, including the movie. Did you notice Jennifer Ehle in 50 Shades? I squeed LOL:)

    ReplyDelete

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??