Sunday, February 22, 2015

#FitReaders Challenge ~ Week 7 Check In

FitReaders2015

The #FitReaders Challenge is hosted by Felicia the Geeky Blogger and That's What I'm Talking About. For all the details on this challenge, click on the button above.


***

I had another good week!! Except for the M&Ms I indulged in while watching Fifty Shades. :) 

Sunday ~ I did cardio at home - both an elliptical program and running on the treadmill. Steps: 10408 (5 miles) 1879 points

Monday ~ I worked out at home - cardio - as my kids were home for a holiday.   Steps: 6506 (2.4 miles) 717 points

Tuesday ~ I went to yoga and it was wonderful! I then did my cardio - both elliptical and treadmill - for an hour. Steps: 8014 (3.8 miles) 1432 points

Wednesday ~ I did my Muscle Madness class and then I did zumba. I still hadn't met my goal for the day, so I ran on the treadmill for half an hour after I got home. Steps: 10728 (4.2 miles) 1455 points

Thursday ~ I did yoga. Again, lots of stretching of my hips and thighs...I felt great afterwards. I didn't do cardio because I decided to give my legs a day of rest. Steps: 2456 (0.8 miles) 249 points

Friday ~ I did my cardio workout at home - an hour on both machines.  Steps: 4760 (2.5 miles) 1010 points


*~*~*


I continued keeping my food journal this week, and counting calories. I'm still feeling great and I weighed myself at the beginning of the week and found I'd lost 2 lbs. Go me! *haha*

How'd you do this week?

8 comments:

  1. Woot! Congrats on the loss! I need to try yoga while I'm stuck not being able to use my foot - do you go to a gym or is there a program you do?

    I saw fifty shades too - pretty good right? I drank two mudslides while watching it, probably worse than those m&ms lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl. I have been so crazy lately I really need to start exercising again soon. Maybe this week. Great job on the two pounds. Did you know that it's really hard to lose weight because after you've been one weight for so long your body sets itself up to be that much or that little? It's called a set weight and it's why it's almost impossible sometimes to lose the weight because your body is fighting you on it? You have to keep the weight off a little over a year for it to reset to a new set weight. Good luck I know you can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great that you are doing a fitness challenge. It can be hard to lose weight, particularly as we get older. I went on a weight training and healthy eating schedule three months ago and lost 9kg. (approx. 19 pounds). I wasn't over weight, but I was out of shape. I'm feeling a whole lot healthier now. You go girl. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is great when all the work pays off! I forgot to put on my counter last week... Oh well, I will try tomorrow!!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is nice - although I can't really tell I lost the 2 lbs. Hopefully that'll come soon. I'll keep working at it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you, Marilyn! That's incredible! I've been working at it since the beginning of the year and haven't been near as successful. :) I'll keep at it though - it is harder as we get older.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Sharrice! I didn't now about our bodies having a set weight - that is probably part of my problem. I really would like to lose some weight but more importantly, I want to be healthy, strong, and have better balance and flexibility. It's definitely a work in progress. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, Berls! Yoga...I can't tell you how much I love it. I never imagined how much toning it does. But it's also helping my flexibility and balance. And I leave so relaxed. :) I go to classes at my rec center.


    Yeah, I thought Fifty was pretty good - it wasn't perfect but I thought they did a much better job with it than with the original Twilight. Mmmm, mudslides sounds YUMMY! Can we have a few of those in May?!? ;)

    ReplyDelete

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??