Thursday, April 23, 2015

That's What HE Said ~ #24 & Thirty Thursday & Hungry Hearts ~ #3



That's What He Said is a weekly meme hosted by the lovely ladies @Chapter Break. Here's the deal: every Thursday, post a line from your book boyfriend to his heroine. Keep in mind, these are direct quotes from dialog in the books. The quote doesn't have to be romantic - just something our hunky hero said to his lucky lady. Be sure to link up over at Chapter Break as well.

My pick this week for That's What He Said is from:

Everything by Melissa Pearl

Pearl's Songbird series is so well done and incorporates music every step of the way. Everything is the third book in the series and features Jody Pritchett & Leo Sinclair.

In this scene, Jody and Leo are talking about the mistakes they've made in the past and Jody asks him if he had things to do over, would he do it differently. I liked what Leo had to say.


***

"I never would have come here if I hadn't been trying to get away. That crisis sparked something inside of me. It gave me the courage to break free and now I'm here, sitting underneath you and talking like we have a future."


*~*~*~*~*~*


Thirsty Thursday and Hungry Hearts - (un)Conventional Bookviews

Pushing a plate of cookies toward me, she cleared her throat and bobbed on her bare toes.
Purple nail polish. Nice.
"I baked these for you, to say thanks."
"For what?" I took them, trying not to cringe when I noticed how burnt they were around the edges.
"Making me feel better today. Giving me that song."




Jody's not known for her cooking skills, so that she'd make cookies as a thank you for Leo was entertaining. So is what he did with them but we don't find that out until later. :)


5 comments:

  1. It's too early for cookies but I sure want some!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww the 'Everything' quote made my heart melt. Gotta look at all the positives you have in your life instead of the negatives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only read one book by Melissa (Golden Blood). I really liked it. Now I think I should start this series, especially since I'm desperate to know... what did he do with the cookies?


    Ah... Brandee, you certainly know how to hook me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok now I'm curious about the cookies heh. Thanks for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not known for my cooking skills either *wink* Love the quote girl!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??