Thursday, June 16, 2016

That's What HE Said #65 ~ Thirsty Thursday & Hungry Hearts #46



That's What He Said is a weekly meme hosted by the lovely ladies @Chapter Break. Here's the deal: every Thursday, post a line from your book boyfriend to his heroine. Keep in mind, these are direct quotes from dialog in the books. The quote doesn't have to be romantic - just something our hunky hero said to his lucky lady. Be sure to link up over at Chapter Break as well.


My pick this week for That's What He Said is from:

Rock Chick Reckoning by Kristen Ashley

***
I finished up my re-read of this one while I was in Dallas. AND KA's in town this weekend for Rock Chick Rendezvous so I had to celebrate a little. And Mace...he's something to celebrate. ;)

"Babe, I hope you get that I'm prepared to fight for you, but I gotta know you'll fight for me, too. This shit goes both ways. This doesn't end until I know you won't walk away, but also you won't let me walk away. Never again."


*~*~*~*~*~*

 

"Stella makes fancy-ass salmon and potatoes and everyone's in tears of delight. What? I can't even make pancakes in my own damn house?" Daisy burst out.
Uh-oh.
"What kind of salmon did she make?" Vance asked the wrong question, grabbing a Bavarian cream and sitting on the arm of Jules's chair.
"It was buttered and herbed and in this light as air pastry," Ava rhapsodized, even though Jules was now frantically shaking her head at Ava (who also didn't notice) and Daisy's face was getting pink. Ava went on, "And the potatoes were creamy and cheesy. Sliced so think, it was amazing."
Daisy glared at Ava, plonked down the coffee and stormed out.
"What'd I say?" Ava asked, glancing around in confusion, and Jules smiled at her and mouthed, "Later."
"Let me get this straight. Mace gets the girl who can cook?" Vance put in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??