Thursday, September 1, 2016

That's What HE Said #69 ~ Thirsty Thursday & Hungry Hearts #50



That's What He Said is a weekly meme hosted by the lovely ladies @Chapter Break. Here's the deal: every Thursday, post a line from your book boyfriend to his heroine. Keep in mind, these are direct quotes from dialog in the books. The quote doesn't have to be romantic - just something our hunky hero said to his lucky lady. Be sure to link up over at Chapter Break as well.


My pick this week for That's What He Said is from:

Rock Chick Revolution by Kristen Ashley

There are so, so many wonderful things that Ren, the hero in this final installment, said. But one thing I've really enjoyed in this re-read is the family dynamics between the Nightingale's. And so I went with a quote from Lee to his little sister, Ally. They're talking about Ally's choice in careers, by the way.

***

"There are a million other things I'd want for you. It took me a while and Hank to lay it out, but the thing I should want most is what you want. So now I'm tellin' you, like yesterday with that ntoe, don't ever doubt it, anytime you need me, I'm there."


*~*~*~*~*~*


"You want me to make breakfast?" he asked.
Jeez.
Seriously?
This guy could also cook?
I tested the waters.
"Are we talking instant oatmeal or eggs benedict?"
That got another lip quirk before he answered.
"I was thinking croissants, eggs whatever way you want 'em, fresh strawberries, bacon and tater tots."
Did he say tater tots?
For breakfast?
"Did you say tater tots?" I asked in order to confirm.
"Baby." His hips pressed into mine. I bit my lip at how good that felt and his face dipped close. "Tater tots rock breakfast."
Ren Zano ate tater tots for breakfast and served them up to his fuck buddies.
He was a dream.
"I'm totally down for breakfast," I answered.
At that he smiled and my world ended.
Again.
Because I wanted that smile every morning right after mind-blowing sex and right before my tater tots.
And I wanted it for a lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??