Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Brandee's Bookish Babble #31 ~ Goodreads & Comments


Welcome to Brandee's Bookish Babble. There are many, many similar posts to this one - but basically I wanted a place to discuss bookish and/or blogging stuff and I needed a title. :) 


***
I have a rather embarrassing confession. For as much as I love and use Goodreads, I'm not very social on it. And - this is the confession part - I was recently trying to "clean up" and discovered I had lots of messages. Unread messages! Some of which were over 3 years old! Gah! And while most were about things it didn't matter I'd missed, there were a few personal ones. Eep! A few were from people who'd started following me because they found my blog (one through Berls)...one was from a neighbor friend. Needless to say, I was mortified. And so very embarrassed. Embarrassed by the lack of attention I gave to this functionality on Goodreads. And even more embarrassed by the perception I'd probably given - that of my indifference. Neither was intentional. I've been on Goodreads for years but no one really interacted with me until I began blogging. So it wasn't that I didn't care - it was simply that it hadn't become a habit to pay attention to these notifications.

I have learned a valuable lesson though. I will be more attuned to people reaching out to me - in all the various way available. I feel terribly that I may have lost a follower or two - maybe even someone who would have been a great book friend - because of this oversight but if you were one that messaged me way back then, please know I wasn't intentionally ignoring you. Each and every one of you is important to me! And I promise I'm paying attention now. :D

What about y'all? Any faux pas perpetrated via Goodreads or other social media outlet? Any valuable lessons you've learned you'd like to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??