Friday, March 10, 2017

Review ~ The Wright Brother ~ Marie Hall #COYER #ShelfLove

The Wright BrotherThe Wright Brother by Marie Hall
Release Date: September 19, 2014
Genre: New Adult, Contemporary Romance
Source: Gifted
Rating: 4 Bookworms
Challenges: #COYER, #ShelfLove
Goodreads

Synopsis
From the moment I opened my eyes I could only see the world in shades of gray. There was no noise, no sound, nothing. Deaf and colorblind, I was a loner. My world was bleak, silent and empty, until her. Until I met my neighbor, Elisa Jane Adrian. I want her. I need her. The fractured part of me feels whole when she's around. Like the world isn't so dark, isn't so blea, and so still. I know it's impossible, but when I look at Elisa I swear I can see color, can hear the gentle inhalations of her breath. I know she feels it too, this magic, this desperate desire...

I first saw him when I was three. Julian Wright was different than any other guy I'd ever known. He sees the world in a way I know I never will. But he intrigues me. The way he looks at me with his sea green eyes, how he hypnotizes me with his smile.

It's dangerous these feelings I have for him. Reckless and stupid. I'm so much older than him, I know better. And I'll fight these desires, no one will ever know how I feel. I'll even pretend to myself that I'm not as hooked on him as he is on me.

I'll move away to Ireland, I'll forget him, but that's the thing about the Wrights, they have a way of getting under your skin, into your soul, and no matter the time or distance, once a Wright sets their eyes on you, there's no going back...ever.




Whoa! Elisa and Julian's story kept me tied in knots. But y'all know I'm a believer in things working out the way they're meant to - just like Elisa's mom - so despite having my doubts at several points, I was ecstatic at where Elisa and Julian ended up.

Elisa and Julian have known each other almost their whole lives. Well, at least Julian's since he's 2 years and 5 months younger than Elisa. Julian, one of a set of triplets, is different though. He's deaf. And colorblind. But that doesn't keep he and Elisa from being close. They develop their own way of communicating and are together a lot. An event takes Julian and his family away for awhile but the return and it's then Elisa begins to question her feelings for Julian. She can't feel an attraction to him, can she? He's younger. And - well his brothers, at least, are like her brothers. Thus begins the back and forth, push and pull relationship between them.

Elisa, although I liked her and understood her reservations about Julian, she made me want to smack her on the back of her head. She was so clueless sometimes, not taking into consideration Julian's feelings or how her action would affect him. Julian I loved. He's broody, artistic, but considerate and romantic. And no matter what he held out hope for he and Elisa.

The journey for these two was rocky and full of angst. Thee were missteps on both sides but usually Elisa's. But I enjoyed witnessing them grow and mature - and realize what they had together was special and worth fighting for.

Thanks to Berls for this special read! I'm sorry it took me so long but it was worth the wait. :)

On a side note - as I typed the synopsis I realized it made it seem like maybe part of this story is from Julian's POV. It's not but his feelings are clear. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??