Wednesday, March 8, 2017

#ShelfLove Discussion ~ Books Languishing the Longest...


This quarter's #ShelfLove discussion is about books that have been languishing on my shelves the longest. Honestly, I have so many choices! But I decided to pick one from my physical shelf, and two from my virtual shelves - one from my nook and one from my kindle.



The Good German: A Novel
The Good German by Joseph Kanon has been on my physical shelf FOREVER. I can't explain why. I've had this book since 2001 and I was so excited to receive a copy from the publisher. I ran a book club at the time and somehow got a copy - the publisher hoping I'd pick it for book club, I'm sure. Anyway, it's still sitting on my TBR shelf.









A Hidden Fire (Elemental Mysteries, #1)
A Hidden Fire by Elizabeth Hunter has been on my Nook since 2012. I heard about The First Ever Indie Convention, hosted by authors including Colleen Hoover and Jillian Dodd, held in Chicago back in 2012. I couldn't attend but decided to read a book from each of the authors attending. I *know* I'm going to love this but for some reason, this is one I've never gotten around to reading. :(








Overwhelm Me (Callahan, #1)Overwhelm Me by A.C. Marchman has been on my Kindle since 2013. Heck, I *bought* my Kindle in order to read this book and several others that I'd found were only available on Kindle. And again, I cannot tell you why I haven't gotten around to reading it, but I haven't. It's another one I'm certain I'm going to love but... *sigh* I'll get around to reading it eventually.









So what about y'all? Are there books you've had lying around FOREVER?? Why is it you haven't read it/them yet?? Is it just a matter of time?!? Or you just not interested anymore?? Why have you let them languish?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??