Sunday, April 2, 2017

Sunday Post #22 ~ April? Wahhh? And Challenge Updates

Sunday Post

As y'all probably all know, the Sunday Post is hosted by Kimba @Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It's a chance to share my news from the week whether it be book, blog, or just life news. 

***
Wow! March definitely came in like a lion, didn't it? I can't believe it's April. It was a busy month for me because I had my college girl home (for not nearly long enough!), my MIL visiting, James took vacation time to spend with Sky and with Berk & Jax, who were off this past week for Spring Break. I *did* get a lot of listening done but I've gotten behind in reading and blogging. Oh well, it's a new month.

Oh, I did want to mention that I took Berk and Jax to see Beauty and the Beast last week. It was phenomenal, y'all!! I thought the sets, costumes, casting, and special effects were perfect. I particularly liked the emotion conveyed through Beast's facial expressions. Sooo good!!

Last month's list of books that made big impressions - positive or negative - are: Crash into You by Katie McGarry, The Deep End and Mystery Man by Kristen Ashley, and Rises the Night of Colleen Gleason all get the highest (positive) marks. Currently, I'm reading The Ten-Day Baby Takeover by Karen Booth. And in my ears is Your Inescapable Love by Layla Hagen.  


Are y'all as shocked as I am that it's April?!? :) 

***

I have made it through the first 3 months of 2017 without spending a penny on a book! Woohoo! I did acquire a book that was free two boxsets that were free.

Paris Lights (Heart of the City #1)The Love Dangerously Collection: Dangerous Kiss, Dangerous Flirt & Dangerous Tease (Laytons, #1-#3)Beyond Series Novella Bundle (Beyond, #3.5, 4.5, 5.5)





***

2017 Challenges

New Release Challenge 2017 - (un)Conventional Bookviews2017hwlogo.jpgbookishresolution2017Audiobook-Challenge-2017HAuthorLove


#2017HW Report Card for Quarter One
My goal is 1 book a month. I read 3 books in the first quarter so that means I got an A!!!


#2017NewRelease - 14 books
#Audiobook Challenge - 9 book
#authorluv - none yet
#BloggerShame - 8 books
Read All the Books - 2 books
#ShelfLove - 28 books




I started Mini Blog Ahead with 3 posts scheduled. I ended with 20 scheduled posts and 8 drafts. The goal was 15 so I did well! :D



I was certainly ambitious with the Take Control TBR Challenge. Here is a photo of the TBR list I had going in...

And just to let y'all know (so you can laugh) I had added 50 books to my kindle TBR Collection so I'd have a nice selection to choose from. ;) And I read exactly ONE from that collection - Rises the Night. I did listen to all three of the audiobooks. I also read The Female of the Species. But apparently, I'm not good with lining up books to read ahead of time. I *DID* read 12 books for this challenge. It's just that I only read 4 from my pre-scheduled list. Still, that's 12 books less I have on my TBR. That's a win in my book!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??