Saturday, December 14, 2013

**Sidekick Showcase #23 ~ So Generous**


Sidekick Showcase (previously known as Sidekick Saturday) is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by Jaclyn at JC's Book Haven. There are many secondary characters that are as great as the primaries. In some cases, the sidekicks actually steal the show and you like them better than the heroine or hero. Maybe they didn't have enough page time for how great they were. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

• Choose a sidekick *or someone other than the hero or heroine* that you would like to put in the spotlight that fits in this week's type
• Share a picture (if possible) and information about the character
• Give the title and author of a book the character can be found in
• Please don't include too many spoilers when describing why the character is such a great sidekick
• Put your link in the Linky thing and comment

**********************************
For the month of December, Jaclyn has given us a some creative license. We can pick any character that fits a Christmas-y theme...angel, elf, jolly, Grinch-y, etc. This week, I finally  decided to go with a character trait that represents that represents Christmas for me...Generous/Giving

My pick is
Adam
from Dannika Dark's Mageri Series

Adam is an incredibly giving person. I mean, he took Zoe in off the streets, fed her, cared for her, gave up his bed for her. He even risked his life to free her from being bound to a horrible mage. He embodies generosity. And he won my heart. :)

"Adam pulled the fragile body into his arms, into his life, and walked into the unknown." Sterling, Loc 400

"Zoe?"
"Yes?"

A finger brushed along the curve of my jaw. "Some men do stick around." Adam & Zoe, Sterling, Loc 808

"Adam turned his chin so that I saw him more clearly. I saw him more clearly than I ever had since the day we met. A man who gave me everything and asked for nothing..." Zoe about Adam, Sterling, Loc 5448

7 comments:

  1. Awwe <3 That last quote sealed the deal. He's too good to be true I think. He sounds like an absolutely amazing character. I know I've already added this one to my to-read list so I hope I can get to it sometime soon. He's already making me swoon :D Thank you so much for sharing! I hope you're weekend is wonderful!! Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adam is a great pick for generous. I loved how he cooked family style dinners for Zoe and fully took her in without asking anything in return. I hope you're easing into the holiday season. Would you believe I went ornament shopping with my mom and forgot my Kindle? She can shop forever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Adam does sound amazing! Thank you for sharing the great quotes to show how great he is. Great feature!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adam is an awesome choice, Brandee! And it makes me so happy that The Mageri series has made such an impact on you that you use the characters for your Sidekick posts :) I do kind of feel responsible when you pick up books based on my squeeing, you know :)

    I'm glad you're having a great family weekend, Brandee. I hope you'll have time to put up your tree today.

    I look forward to discussing Fearsome with you in more detail, I am having a little bit of difficulty with rating it. There are many things I loved, but some that I didn't. I guess I will figure it all out, though.

    Have a fantastic Sunday, my friend. *hugs*

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adam is a fantastic choice Brandee...of course you can't go wrong with any of the Mageri men! Hope you have a fantastic week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm Team Adam. I have yet to catch up with the series so I don't know what happened to him but I'm hoping he made it to the end somehow. Great pick, Brandee!

    Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Some men do stick around."
    Oh, my heart is melting. :)

    Great quote.

    ReplyDelete

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??