Thursday, February 18, 2016

That's What HE Said #52 ~ Thirsty Thursday & Hungry Hearts #33



That's What He Said is a weekly meme hosted by the lovely ladies @Chapter Break. Here's the deal: every Thursday, post a line from your book boyfriend to his heroine. Keep in mind, these are direct quotes from dialog in the books. The quote doesn't have to be romantic - just something our hunky hero said to his lucky lady. Be sure to link up over at Chapter Break as well.


My pick this week for That's What He Said is from:

Rock Chick Redemption by Kristen Ashley

I'm currently re-reading Hank and Roxie's story ~ I swear these books are even better the second time around!


***

"Belonging to me doesn't mean I'll make you do anything, it just means I consider you mine for as long as this lasts. It means I protect you. It means I take care of you. For another man, it might mean something different."
His eyes changed. They went funny, the intensity strengthening to something that was mesmerizing.
Then he concluded, "Don't confuse me with another man."


*~*~*~*~*~*


On their first date, Hank takes Roxie to a restaurant called Buckhorn Exchange. I've not been there (yet) but the menu sounds interesting. Plus, Hank says they have good steaks. ;)

"Let me order," he said and this surprised me. I'd never met a man who ordered for me before. I didn't even know men did that anymore.
What the hell, when in Denver...
"No Rocky Mountain oysters," I replied.
He nodded and kept smiling.
"And no alligator tail," I carried on. "Alligators are cute. I'm not a vegetarian, but I don't eat cute animals. Like lamb. Lambs are cute. We can try rattlesnake. I think I could eat a snake because snakes freak me out."
He stared at me. The smile was gone.
"You think alligators are cute?" he asked.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??