Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Beyond the Books ~ Marveling Over Marvel


Welcome to Beyond the Books. This post was inspired by Lexxie @Unconventional BookviewsUp Close and (Un)conventional, who was inspired by Cuddlebuggery. It's meant to be a way for y'all to get to know me better on a personal level ~ Beyond the Books. ;)


*************

I used to be such a movie girl. I used to go to movies (when $2 movies were expensive). I loved watching movies on cable. Remember when you could rent a VCR and movies at the grocery store? Yeah, I used to allot a little of my hard earned money to rent movies on Friday nights - when I wasn't working. My hubs, however, is *not* a movie guy. So the longer I've been married, the fewer movies I see.

However, as y'all know part of our Christmas tradition is to watch Christmas-themed movies on the nights leading up to Christmas. Aaand because we took the kids to see Star Wars over the holiday and saw the trailer for the upcoming Captain America movie, we decided to carry over family movie nights into the new year. So, every Saturday night (when the kids aren't competing or performing) we've been watching Marvel...specifically the Avengers movies. And y'all, I'm in LOVE! So far we've watched Captain America, Iron Man I, II, and III, Thor, and The Avengers. My favorite is Captain America, even though I adore Robert Downey Jr and the music in Iron Man. And I think Loki is the best misunderstood villain! I was very upset over a certain character's demise though...*fingers crossed* for a miracle. ;)

We've been unable to have family movie nights lately because of the kids' winter music competition schedules but FOUR MORE WEEKS and we'll be back to regularly scheduled Saturday night movies. I'm anxious for Thor II. ;)

If y'all haven't seen the Marvel movies, I recommend them. If you have, which is your favorite?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??