Thursday, May 5, 2016

That's What HE Said #61 ~ Thirsty Thursday & Hungry Hearts #42



That's What He Said is a weekly meme hosted by the lovely ladies @Chapter Break. Here's the deal: every Thursday, post a line from your book boyfriend to his heroine. Keep in mind, these are direct quotes from dialog in the books. The quote doesn't have to be romantic - just something our hunky hero said to his lucky lady. Be sure to link up over at Chapter Break as well.


My pick this week for That's What He Said is from:

Believe by Erin McCarthy

***

"I'm alive, I've got my freedom, a job, two bucks in my pocket, and a beautiful woman who sees something in me. What else could I need?"


*~*~*~*~*~*

I thought this scene was cute. I liked watching Robin and Phoenix getting to know one another.

"Do you ever eat?" I asked her, eyeing the pathetic selection in her fridge. It ws mostly filled with condiments and string cheese. There were eggs, though, and a loaf of bread that when I squeezed it, felt a little stale.
"Of course I eat. I just don't cook. I eat simple stuff.""Do you have syrup?"
"Yes. For my frozen waffles."
"Those taste like cardboard," I told her, pulling out the eggs and bread. "I'll make you some French toast then."
"Really?" She looked dubious.
"Sure, why not?"
As I cracked eggs into a bowl I found in the cupboard, she poured out the coffee. "Do you want cream and sugar?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??