Friday, July 21, 2017

Review ~ The Art of Sinning ~ Sabrina Jeffries #ReadAlltheBooks #ShelfLove

The Art of Sinning (Sinful Suitors, #1)The Art of Sinning by Sabrina Jeffries
Sinful Suitors #1
Release Date: July 21, 2015
Genre: Adult, Historical Romance
Source: Purchased on Nook
Rating: 4 Bookworms
Challenges: #ReadAlltheBooks, #ShelfLove
Goodreads

Synopsis
American artist Jeremy Keane refuses to return home and take over his father's business. He'd much rather sample bevviews of beauties abroad, in search of a model for the provocative masterpiece he's driven to paint. When he meets lady Yvette Barlow at a London wedding, he realizes she's perfect for his work--and determines to capture the young heiress's defiant spirit and breathtaking sensuality on canvas.

No stranger to scandal, Yvette agrees to be Keane's subject--in exchange for his help gaining entry to the city's brothels he knows intimately, so she can track a missing woman and solve a family mystery. But when their practical partnership leads to lessons in the art of sinning, can they find a bold and lasting love?




So I started this series out-of-order - which was no big deal - and now in reading this installment, I realize I should have finished another series (The Duke's Men) first. But only because there are character crossovers. It didn't affect my enjoyment of The Art of Sinning at all - only ruffled my OCD in reading series in order. LOL

Anyway, Jeffries is adept at creating heroines who don't fit the mold, so to speak, and Yvette didn't let me down in any respect. She's tall and strong - not small and dainty - she speaks her mind, and, and, and...she contributes slang words to a sort of urban dictionary of the day. Words she uses occasionally in public, much to her brother's dismay. Needless to say, her marriage prospects are few. 

Enter Jeremy Keane. He's an artist and when he first sets eyes upon Yvette, he knows he's found his muse. Then he meets her brother. With some finagling he manages to get what he wants...access to Yvette for painting.

These two were quite fun. Their banter was spirited and their chemistry was electric. They were both, however, harboring secrets that threatened their budding romance.

The secondary cast added much to the dept of the story, introducing the characters who inhabit this series. I quite enjoyed them all - getting to know better the few I met already, having read book 3.

My only issue was with the guilt Jeremy carried over an incident from his past. I felt he made a little more of his perceived part in it then there actually was. Overall though, The Art of Sinning was exactly what I've come to expect from Jeffries and I'm eager to finish this series as well as The Duke's Men.

Oh, I must mention the art. I'm not very knowledgeable about art, but I enjoyed it as an element in this story - especially the thought that went into a particular piece of Jeremy's.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??